About Judy Rodman
Judy Rodman is an award winning vocal coach, recording artist, stage and television performer, multi-genre hit songwriter, studio producer and vocal consultant.
Named ‘Best Vocal Coach” 2011 by NashvilleMusicPros.com and "Vocal Coach in Residence, August 2013" by TC Helicon's VoiceCouncil Magazine, Judy teaches her trademarked vocal training method “Power, Path and Performance”™ to singers and speakers nationally and internationally in her office, by phone and Skype. Her vocal clients include major and indie recording artists and labels, artist development companies such as PCG Institute, touring and studio background singers, national public speakers, teachers and voiceover talent.
Judy is a published author with two “Power, Path and Performance” vocal training courses, a groundbreaking multimedia guide called “Singing In The Studio”, a DVD video presentation for producers and engineers called “Vocal Production Workshop”, two music blogs at www.judyrodman.com and www.judyrodmanproductions.com and over 60 articles at www.ezinearticles.com. She publishes a bi-monthly newsletter for Judy Rodman Productions. Her articles have appeared in myriads of books, magazines and websites that serve the music industry and voice matters. (See career credits below for specifics)
She is a public speaker, gives keynote speeches, seminars and advanced workshops on the voice and vocal production, and hosts “All Things Vocal” podcast.
Judy writes and co-writes in her Nashville office. Among her many cuts and songwriting awards: top 10 Billboard single "She Thinks That She'll Marry" and BMI Millionaire award for “One Way Ticket (Because I Can), cut by LeAnn Rimes. Her latest songwriting success is for "Missing Child", which was featured on Nancy Grace and appears on the CNN website. Judy wrote songs and was music director for two contemporary musicals "Runaway Home" and "We The People". Still works in progress, they got terrific audience responses at several workshop productions.
With literally thousands of studio credits, Judy can regularly be found in the recording studio producing tracks or producing vocals as part of other production teams, as well as creating arrangements and singing background vocals. Her production of Emil Bishaw's “Since You Left”, sat at #1 on several indie charts for a record 9 weeks. With an album she produced, Emil won 2010's "New AC Artist" award at Music News Weekly.com. Judy's production client Michael Hodges garnered 5 million views on Myspace.
She also specializes and loves her work as vocal producer on projects headed by other producers including Bob Bullock, Roger Ryan, Rogers Masson, Ron Oates, Tom Paden, Dick McVey, Jay Vern, Michael Stergis, Ilya Toshinsky.
Previously MTM Records artist with chart topping singles, national tours, performances on major TV shows, winner of “ACM New Female Vocalist”, Judy is now lead singer and songwriter with new original music Americana band “Judy Rodman and 6Play”.
SESSION SINGER AND VOICE‑OVER TALENT:
- Staff singer for 6 years at the William B. Tanner jingle company.
- Lead and/or background vocals on thousands of jingles including United Airlines, Miller Beer, McDonalds, Kelloggs, Chevrolet, Lay's Potato Chips, Biz Bleach, Opryland, thousands of radio ID spots and voice‑overs.
- Background vocalist on hundreds of master albums, live shows and TV for artists including Rick Dees, Carla Thomas, O.V. Wright, George Jones, Mel McDaniels, Ed Bruce, Johnny Cash, Janie Fricke, Tom Jones, Elvis Presley, Crystal Gail, Jerry Lee Lewis, Tom T. Hall, Brenda Lee, Ray Charles, Tammy Wynette, Lee Greenwood, Ann Peebles, Ray Stevens, Steve Wariner, Tanya Tucker, Johnny Paycheck, The Gatlin Brothers, Aaron Tippin, Dolly Parton, Reba, Wynonna, Bryan White and many others... larger discography available here
- Lead and background vocalist on thousands of demos for herself and other major songwriters.
- Signed as first recording artist for MTM Records
- Won Academy of Country Music's "Top New Female Vocalist" Award in 1985
- Single "Until I Met You" #1 in Billboard, Cashbox, Gavin and R&R charts
- Other top 10 singles: "She Thinks That She'll Marry", " Girls Ride Horses Too", " I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight"; Five other top 40 singles
- Video award from Music Row Magazine for "You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone"
- Made five videos of her radio hits.
- Named "Top New Country Female" by Billboard Magazine 1986
- National TV Appearances: "The Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson, "The Country Music Association Awards Show", "Austin City Limits, "Hee Haw", "Farm Aid I and II", "Nashville Now", "New Country", "Grand Ole Opry, "Crook & Chase" , and many others
- Tour Dates with The Oak Ridge Boys, George Jones, Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, John Conley, Dan Seals, George Strait, Merle Haggard, Ricky Van Shelton, many others
- Performed in state fairs, theater‑in‑the rounds, college auditoriums, rodeos, clubs, festivals, auditoriums and stadiums, two "Farm Aid" performances, billed on many shows as headliner
- In 2012, formed her own band again, led by her husband/drummer John Rodman. "Judy Rodman and 6Play" showcase and subsequent performances have garnered rave revews and standing ovations. They intend to record their original music in 2014.
- Writer on songs published by BMG, MCA, Warner/Chappell, Chrysalis Music, and Favorable Wind Songs. Multiple genre writer, currently writing for most of her production clients
- Judy's songs have been recorded by herself, Loretta Lynn, Diamond Rio, Tammy Wynette & Wynonna, Randy Travis, bluegrass sensation Randy Koors, new pop sensation Emil Bishaw and the #1 song recorded by Leann Rimes "One Way Ticket", and many others
- Songwriter & arranger for the new musical "Runaway Home", webisode series and movie "A Fix".
- Judy’s many co-writers include award-winning songwriters Dave Loggins, Ross Vannelli, Bryan White, Karen Taylor-Good, Robert Jason, Jimmy Scott and Jerry Foster.
- Music director, keyboard player, arranger & recording studio producer for the new musicals "Runaway Home" and "We The People, and for the movie short "A Fix" which included cast member Skye McCole Bartusiak.
- Track & vocal producer & songwriter for multi-genres of recording artists including Emil Bishaw, Christa DeJarnett, Darby Haas, Maria Standing Rock, Ben Wasson, Tiffany Hasiker, John Farndell, Michael Hodges, Andrea Penzel, Dawn Nichols, Kasie Smith, Stacie Hines, Kate Starnes, Buddy Smith, Julia Loewen, Joy Jones, Billy Devereaux, Sim Balkey and Cecilia Halsey.
- Producer for Emil Bishaw who won 2010's "New AC Artist" award at Music News Weekly.com and whose single "Since You Left" charted #1 for 9 weeks.
- Vocal producer on projects for country, gospel, pop, alternative and rock albums with producers including Bob Bullock, Roger Ryan, Ron Oates, Rogers Masson, Tom Paden, Dick McVey, Jay Vern, Michael Stergis, Ilya Toshinsky. Artists include Winfield's Locket, Jenni Schaefer, "Chylde", Jordyn Mallory, Mersaidee Soules, Deanna Freeman, Lynn Bryant, Corinne Chapman and Shelly Ruffin, Pam Tillis, Rodeo House, Jenny and Ashley duo, Trent Bourgeois, Nichole Ashley Rain, Taylor Ware, Cassandra Russell, Maria Sarah, Andrea Price, Gretchen Roth, Megan Fowler, Shae Williams, Chaz McKinney and Mackenzie Morgan and many more.
- Track producer on most of her songwriting catalogs.
- Plays keyboard, mandolin and guitar.
- Vocal Producer, arranger and contractor for thousands of projects including jingles, master albums, demos, Karaoke catalogs including pop, rock, R&B, Christian, bluegrass, gospel, and country.
- Named "Best Vocal Coach" 2011 by NashvilleMusicPros.com.
- Named "Vocal Coach in Residence" August 2013 for TC Helicon's Voicecouncil.com.
- Professional voice teacher and performance coach for many musical genres and thousands of singers and speakers include recording artists Bryan White, Mat Kearney, Radney Foster, Pam Tillis, Winfield's Locket, Angeleena Prestly, Dakota Bradley, Dave Ramsey company speakers, minister Terry Smith, all other artists listed under "Producer" above.
- Managers, producers, engineers, talent agencies and artist development companies hire her to coach their clients in preproduction lessons and in the studio. Primary vocal coach provider for national talent development PCG Institute
- Developer of national vocal seminars and professional workshops. Keynote speaker on the voice.
- Creator and host of "All Things Vocal" internet radio show.
- Published author...
- with two “Power, Path and Performance” vocal training courses, a groundbreaking multimedia guide called “Singing In The Studio”, a DVD video presentation for producers and engineers called “Vocal Production Workshop”,
- two music blogs at www.judyrodman.com and www.judyrodmanproductions.com
- over 60 articles at www.ezinearticles.com.
- a bi-monthly newsletter for Judy Rodman Productions.
- Her articles have appeared in books, magazines and websites such as the Nashville Musician Survival Guide, Vocals Magazine, Indie Connect Magazine, Nashville Music Pros, Voicecouncil.com, Music News Nashville, The Modern Vocalist, Virtual Village Classroom and many more.
PUBLIC SPEAKER, ACTOR:
- Keynote speaker, seminar and workshop host on topics related to voice and music production. Presentations given to groups including Indie Connect, Middle Tennessee State University, University of Northern Alabama, Darren Butler Acting Studio, El Paso Acting School, Musician's Union and various churches and other venues.
- Radio ID voice-overs for the Tanner Company, Memphis, TN
- Various commercials including Chevrolet (Louisiana)
- Medical industrial films for Ganick Productions
- Actor & music director for 2006 play "Daughters Of Eve"
- Narrator for pop psychology cd, voice on "Homework Hotline" system
- Voice on Electrical Abs Stim instruction video, voice on her cd vocal instruction course "Power, Path and Performance"
- Actor playing "Edna" in "Runaway Home- the Musical"